Thursday 30 December 2010

Timing for Rigging

Since the Beginning of term i have found that i was very slow with rigging a character as i wasn't sure of what i was doing. So one character rig took me aprox 6 full days to complete.
I had some major difficulties with painting the weights on the character as its a long and boring process.
I found when i learnt the painting weights on maya 2010 that the process is a lot quicker and now i believe i can rig a character properly in roughly four days.
I feel i have progressed a long way from when i started the term and when i move on to rigging the characters for real this term coming, i think I feel confident enough to get a good rig going for our characters.

Each week i have tried to learn a different skill within rigging.

I concentrated on:

Painting weights maya 2008
Painting weights maya 2010
Naming of joints and placing of joints
Joint orientation
Ik handles - With IK spline, Ising Sticky and Non-sticky

No comments:

Post a Comment