Friday 12 November 2010

Tutorials and Books

For this project i will now be learning and improving new skills in Rigging, such as Blend shapes, Facial rigging and the Paint weights tool.


I have decided to get on and rig a character for practice so i can identify where i need to improve on in rigging, and then when i have fully rigged the character, try to animate it according to my project film.

I have taken a model from the Book: Maya Autodesk Intermediate, and am using the book to go through and rig the character which is a dog. He is quite a big character, as i thought if i learned how to rig a bigger character it would get easier when i rigged a smaller or thinner character.

I will then use this practice to rig one of my own models and hopefully get a better understanding of rigging different characters.

Tutorials:
I am looking at Books:

  • Auto-desk official training guide - intermediate - THe modeling and Animation handbook

  • Learning Autodesk Maya 2008 - Foundation

  • An Essential introduction to Maya Character rigging - Cheryl Cabrera

  • Body Language - Advanced character Rigging - Eric Allen and Kelly Murdock
Online Tutorials - I am going to be using the escape tutorials

I also will try to disect someone elses rigg in order to understand it better.

I want to also look into blend shapes, for this i have a book called

  • Stop Starring, Facial Modeling and Animation done Right by Jaspa Osipa

No comments:

Post a Comment